Monday, 19 November 2012

Guess Who's Back...


Top, Cardigan, Necklace, Cuffs - H&M
Skirt - Asos
Envelope Clutch - Primark
Shoes - Jane Norman

Hey Guys!
First things first, I feel like I owe you all a big apology for my absence! Since starting this blog in January, I think that prior to this, the longest I've gone without doing a post is 2 weeks and it has now been 2 months since I posted anything. I feel like there is so much I need to fill you all in on because over the past 2 months, so much has been happening in my life. As most of you may know, I've now started University and I am absolutely loving every minute of it! I have made some amazing friends and I'm really enjoying my course. The jump from sixth form/ college to University life is a big one and it does take time to adjust, if you would like me to do a post solely on how I'm finding it so far then do let me know and leave any questions you'd like me to answer in the comments sections and I'll definitely do it!

Moving on, this weekend was the first time I went home since starting Uni and it was one of the best weekends ever! It was so nice to see me family and friends and do a bit of cheeky shopping (oops!) My university is about 260 miles away from where I live so it's not easy for me to go home as and when I want to! I was only able to stay for the weekend and the next time I'll be going back will be at Christmas which seems so far away but the weeks go by so fast when I'm up here so I'm sure it'll come around soon.
I made sure I took my camera home with me so I could do an outfit of the day post for you all and this is what I wore on Sunday. I have decided that I need to start breaking away from my habit of wearing slouchy oversized and baggy clothes all the time, they are not flattering and I think most of the time they make you look bigger than you are so in this outfit I went for a more 'fitted' look. My top was very figure hugging and I decided to pair it with a flowy skirt to accentuate the feminine silhouette I was trying to achieve. I threw on this forest green cardigan to bring some colour to the outfit and I finished off the look with these shoes my Mum got me years ago from Jane Norman. They are actually my first ever pair of heels, haha but I felt the gold undertone complemented my accessories. I love this clutch, it has sooo much space in it and it just oozes elegance, (in my opinion anyway!) In terms of jewellery, I wore my gold choker-esque necklace which I got about a year ago and I love the leather detail which I think makes it that little bit edgier. I also wore these two cuff bracelets which I am IN LOVE with! They literally go with everything and just make any outfit look complete! I first saw them on Barbra from 'ThePersianBabe' and I fell in love with them on her so when I spotted them in H&M I just had to buy them!

I hope you all like this look and I promise that I will not neglect my blog anymore! I've already got a few exciting posts up my sleeve so keep your eyes peeled for more outfits & DIY posts :-)
For more frequent updates and snippets of my day to day life, follow me on Twitter (@newkidtweets) and Instagram (@kudzai_k) because I am always updating them!

I hope you are all well!
Lots of Love

16 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful outfit. You look very pretty and lady-like! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was so happy to see this when scrolling through new blog posts posted today! You look GORGEOUS! I love the clutch and those heels are cute! Happy you're back, I missed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Your back, really missed you! Love this outfit, and yesss, i'd love to see a seperate post on Uni life & sixth form please xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, thankyou for your lovely comment on my Lookbook post, much appreciated!

    As soon as I saw your blog I followed - I know I am going to be a fan :) Love your clutch and bib neclace. Very classy outfit!

    Katie x

    http://www.katies-cup-of-tea.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! You have great style!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your blog, incredibly nice!

    http://jakobsitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute post dear! Love your style! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh get you looking all lady like
    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow you look so stunning and sophisticated! I love your clutch bag!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore this outfit, it's so simple, yet works so well <3

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look amazing! I like your blog! Would you like to follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. your clutch bag is gorgeous!

    www.thatgoodgirlchi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete