Monday, 3 December 2012

Saturday 1st December: Surprise, I'm home!

10:00 : Breakfast date with my friend Natalie 
12:00 - 17:00 : Attempting to work through a 2500 word essay on Leadership...fun!
The remains of the presents I got my sister, I got her two Peplum style tops (a black one and a coral one) and some monochrome vertical striped jeans
I baked her a Marble Oreo Cake and it was sooo yummy! If you would like me to do a post showing how I made it let me know in the comments section and I will!
I'm drooling
The Birthday gal didn't want a photo but I liked her outfit. Top - Mango// Shirt - Jack Wills// Jeans - American Apparel. 
Last time I visited my Mum bought this ice cream specially for me and banned everyone else from eating it because she wanted me to taste it (bless her) and I had it again this weekend even though it was freezing. Hey ho. It's really tasty & if you haven't tried it, do. My phone case is from H&M.

Onto my Outfit...

Shirt - Primark 
Jumper - Disney Parks (Florida)
Necklace & Jacket - H&M
Jeans - Forever21
Scarf - Tie Rack

Hey guys!
So if you follow me on twitter then you may know that this weekend I went back home to surprise my family! It was my sister's Birthday on Saturday 1st December and it's mine on Wednesday 5th. We've never spent our Birthday's apart but because it's so expensive for me to go down and visit, I wasn't suppose to be going back until Christmas but I really wanted to be with them all so I booked my ticket home without any of them knowing. I decided to keep it a secret to make the surprise that much better. I had my house keys so when I arrived on Friday evening I just helped myself in. Their reaction was the best thing ever and I really wish I had filmed it! They were all so surprised and it was so nice to be back. 
Friday evening we all stayed up and watched TV until it was Saturday then we sung Happy Birthday to my sister and chilled out. 
Saturday morning my sister went ice skating with her friends then she went into town later on with some other friends. I had breakfast with my close friend Natalie who just happened to be down from Uni that same weekend and it was so nice to catch up with her as we hadn't seen each other since September. 
I then had to spend most of my afternoon writing an essay on what makes a successful leader but since I enjoyed the topic and the question, it was quite fun... I'm such a geek ha. At this point my parents had gone to Costco for some food shopping and my sister was still out so it was nice to have some peace and quite whilst working. 
Everyone got back home late afternoon, I stopped working and started baking. I wanted to make my Sister a really cool Birthday cake and so I thought what would be cooler than a Marble Oreo Cake!! It was so soo yummy! We had a chilled out evening which included nibbling on party food palettes, enjoying some cake, watching Strictly Come Dancing, The X Factor, I'm a Celebrity and then my Mum and I did a bit of online shopping (or in my case browsing). All in all, Saturday was a lovely day!
 I cannot believe my sister is now 14 and I'll be 19 on Wednesday, it seems like just yesterday she was turning 9 and I was the one turning 14!! It really is crazy how fast time flies! 

In other news, Christmas is only around the corner and I am feeling 110% festive! I love Uni but I'm so excited to go home and spend a month with my family and home friends! I've got 2 Balls coming up next week and I'm still trying to find outfits to wear so don't be surprised if you see a post in the near future asking for dress advice! 

I think next I will be putting up a post about University & UCAS/ personal statement advice so if you have any questions on this topic which you would like me to answer put them in the comments so I have a idea of what you guys want to hear! If you want to ask me questions about my course, I had originally applied for Finance and Economics but I have now changed to Business Studies and I am minoring in Marketing and Economics so please bare this in mind because I don't think I'd be the right person to consolidate in if you want to do law, engineering or things outside the business field. 
I hope everyone is well & I hope you enjoyed this post! 

Lots of Love,
   

20 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I did this once last year and my parents loved it after they asked me if everything at uni was okay and if I had to be at uni or not haha. Cute outfit and yes please to posting the recipe for that Oreo cake I now want in my belly! Hope your sister had a great birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh man all this food looks delicious, got me hungry now haha! time does fly doesn't it! It's crazy...
    Love your scarf and jumper! Layers are so vital to me at the moment ot keep warm outdoors

    Robyn Mayday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog and your style ..would you like following each other? It could be great.. let me know on my blog, kisses <3
    Laura
    http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaaw that was such a lovely surprise for your family!! Alll that food has literally made me drool aswell haha. Absolutely love your outfit, the colours are gorgeous and you look so cosy and warm!! + I would love to read your post about Uni's and Personal statement/ UCAS I need to start thinking about all of that seeing as I have to apply next year so I reckon it will be really useful! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice pictures! that strawberry dessert looks so yummy *.*
    overall a lovely post, you're really pretty and i want a scarf like yours! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this a breakfast? In Greece we would call it meal lol!
    Want a piece of that cake :)

    Love your sweater and scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi dear... ^^ what a great look ...you have a great blog too ^^
    what do you think to follow each other? I'll wait for you on my blog...
    kiss and have an happy day
    vendy

    FOLLOW ME ON:
    the simple life of rich people blog
    instagram @thesimplelifeofrichpeople
    twitter @simpleliferichP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice scarf! And post how you made that oreo cake! It looks so good!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog and your style! Just gained yourself a new follower ;)

    XOXO Sade

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell your sister happy belated and continue to do well in Uni!!! Love your style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful pictures. i love your sweater.
    and all the food looks so delicious- yummy :)
    lovely greets

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. balls! dayumn that sounds fun! your friend looks luvly from what i see, and you are so cute omg. love your sweater! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing outfit!!! i follow you now ;)
    i would love to follow me back because I really love your blog!!
    kisses
    http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello darling, lovely blog here! Wanna follow each other? Let me know through comments... it would be great to keep in touch =)
    XOXO
    Ylenia
    Last time by Ylenia Labate

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a pretty smile! Really compliments your face! lovin your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  16. oww great pictures !!

    Really love your phone case I want one like that for the HTC Sense ;)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg that cake<3
    Also you look awesome girl!
    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous pictures girl, and love the outfit! So cute x

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. YES! Recipe for the marble oreo cake please! :)
    Love your outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look too cute! That outfit is great, as are the rest of the photos! I'm so jealous of that breakfast.
    Also, thanks for stopping by my blog!

    couturing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete