Monday, 14 January 2013

Back to Uni

Beanie & Shirt - Primark
Barcelets & Necklace - H&M
Jeans - Forever21
Socks & Shoes - Topshop

Hey guys!
So it's Monday and I'm now back at Uni *silent dance*. I came back up on Saturday and today was my first day of lectures for the term. It's soooo nice to be back, I didn't realise how much I had missed being here until I came back and saw everyone. I still find it bazzar that this time last year I didn't know if I was going to get the grades to come to uni and I didnt know any of the people I now live with. Its so strange because I feel like I've known these guys for my whole life and I feel so lucky to be where I am with such a crazy yet amazing bunch of people. ANYWAY, enough of the soppy stuff. 
As you can tell, I've had to do this post indoors and whilst I'm at Uni this is probably the easiest set-up for outfit of the day posts because I don't have my sister at hand to play the role of photographer. I could ask my flatemates to take them but I don't want to bother anyone with the following sceanareo everytime I want to blog:  "Excuse me___(insert flatmates name)___ can you please come outside in the freezing cold Northern weather with me and take photos of what I'm wearing... no? Okay. Thanx." I know they wouldn't say no because they're all lovely but this is just more convenient for me so I hope nobody minds. 
Like I said, today was my first day of lectures so I decided to wear something comfortable but I didn't want to look like I'd just woke up and rolled out of bed which is a look I often go for and I'm sure that by the end of the term I'll be back to supporting that look. I might start a trend, I'll call it 'tramp-luxe'. I'm kidding... when I have a tramp day, there's nothing 'luxe' about it.
I liked the put together feel of this outfit and I think the colours all complement each other quite well. I think warm burgundy tones always look really nice with earthy greens and browns which is why I choose this particular beanie hat. I'm still in love with these Topshop shoes and I wear them almost everyday but I felt that with the socks they created a more preppy look rather than grungy which I really like. 

As I'm writing this, I'm listening to All Time Low's 'Nothing Personal' album and it takes me back to when I was in Secondary School. One of my best friends was obsessed with them and she would always try to get the rest of us into them but I was too much of a POP gal and I thought her music was too Rock and Roll for me so I didn't really give it a chance. It was only when I got older I started listening to the songs on the album she lent me and I really liked them. Another album she lent me which I love is Endgame by Rise Against. Oh my how I do love that album! It's one of those I can just blast on and it makes me feel like headbanging until I loose feeling in my neck... yea. 
If anyone has any good music recommendations please write them in the comments section because I no longer have a narrow 'pop music for the win' mind-frame and I'm really eager to discover new music from all genres. 
Last night I watched The Ugly Truth which is such a good film! I just came across it on Film 4 and I didn't really expect it to be that good but it was actually really funny and cute. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a sucker for a good Rom-Com. 'Love Actually' is on tonight at 10pm on ITV2 if anyone is interested which is one of my all time fav's. I might watch it on ITV2+ because it clashes with 'What Happens in Kavos' which also clashes with 'Celebrity Big Brother'... oooh what to watch!? Yes I admit my TV taste is pretty rubbish but I genuinely find these kind of shows and films entertaining so don't judge me. To be honest, I shouldn't be watching any TV because I've got a Marketing exam on Friday which I need to be revising for! I'm such an expert procrastinator which explains why I'm writing this unnecessarily long blog post instead of revising. 

I wish I could just do the whole University thing minus the work and still get a good degree... 

I hope everyone is well and hope you all have a good week! If anyone has January exams GOOD LUCK!! We will get through this together. 
Lots of Love









11 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit, really like the colour of your hat! And oooh 'Love Actually' is my faaaaavourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love the color of your hat and you're such a pretty girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sick outfit hun, loving the combo!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww bless you being so excited for uni! I wish I could feel the same lol! Love the jacket and beanie :)

    XOXO Sade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck the new semester and I love this coat on you so much! All Time Low are amazing.

    www.gvadlln.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that jacket, good luck with everything :)




    Santenne of Crystallized Elements.
    http://crystallized-elements.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey hun I have nominated you for the Liebster Award lovely! Check out the rules here: http://blueviolethearts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-awards.html :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this burundi hat !!! Thanks you so much to stop by my blog!

    Thepeppymay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the beanie! Where's the military jacket from? xxx

    http://amore-nero.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely go to school/uni in style girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit! That camo jacket is laaaavly xx

    ReplyDelete