Sunday, 7 July 2013

Neon Lights

T O P - Topshop
S K I R T - Topshop
S H O E S - Internationale
E A R I N G S - H&M
C U F F S - H&M
B A G - Primark

Hey Guys, 
So I haven't blogged for nearly 3 months now... oops! The last time I blogged I was on my Easter break and since then, I went back to Uni & finished my first year; WOO! I came back home last weekend and although I've only been back for one week, I want to go back already! I've never wanted to go back to education this much and I genuinely don't know how I'm going to manage 3 months at home without my Uni gang. Don't get me wrong, it's so nice to see all my home friends and family again but home life is always the same! The good think about being back is that I have lots of time to be blogging so watch this space! I'm going to try and manage my time better when I go back to Uni so I can be more regular throughout the year but it's so awkward asking someone to take photos of your outfit, even if they are a close friend! I feel like the only people who understand the whole 'blogging' think are bloggers and people who read them but for those who are not into that kind of stuff, it's probably a pretty obscure concept! 

Today has been the hottest day of the year so far and this coming week is meant to also be really hot! I love it! This weather definitely makes up for the fact that I'm not going on holiday this year! Since it was so hot, I wanted my outfit to be really comfortable so I kept it really simple and minimal. 
I've been loving this neon orange colour and I thought this top was a great way of bringing colour into an outfit without having to put in too much effort. I was going to add a necklace but I though it would make it too busy especially with the big earings. I am in love with this skirt and I think it literally goes with everything. It is such a versatile piece and I love how feminine it is. Just a word of warning, I WILL be wearing it to death so you will probably get sick of seeing it. 
If you follow me on Instagram then you will have already seen my braids. I got them done not long after my last post on here, just before I went back to Uni. I love them so much but they will be coming out soon (genuinely really upset about this). I'd love to get them done again but they aren't too good for my hair so I'll have to give it a break and let it rest for a while.

I know previously, people have asked me to talk about my University experience. I said that I would film a video addressing all your questions and now that I have finished my first year, I feel that I am in a good place to reflect and give my 'story so far'. So if you have any questions about anything to do with Uni from the application process to settling in, then comment down below or tweet me @newkidtweets and I'll make sure to answer your questions when I film which will be sometime this week! 

Hope you are all well!!
Lots of Love,



10 comments:

  1. Loved reading this catch up! You look so hot and I completely get what you mean about missing uni - I miss being on my own sometimes, don't get that much when you're back home!

    www.gvadlln.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look lovely, I also have this top, its so flattering!
    xx

    blueviolethearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rocking it girl
    Love it !
    Them Jeff Chambs !

    www.linesbroken.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look really great love the look girl !

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so good!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // bloglovin

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a big goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the neon touch!

    Giveaway Persunmall <3 SHE WALKS Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shoes! Your hair is so perfect!
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great; werk it girl!
    I feel exactly the same about asking uni friends to take outfit pictures, it's kinda awkward lol

    www.apieceof-me.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this outfit, the skirt fit you well xx

    ReplyDelete