Sunday, 16 February 2014

- Girl in the Red Coat -

Top - Gap 
Jeans - Primark 
Shoes - ASOS 
Coat - Zara 
Rings & Necklace - H&M
Clutch - Next

Hey guys! Some of you may know that I came home for the weekend and I've had a lovely time being back! This is the first time I've come home this term and I now feel refreshed and ready to go back to Uni and tackle the second half of this term!
So whenever I come home, I always try to spend as much time with my family as possible to make the most out of my trip and this weekend was utterly perfect. Yesterday I went shopping with my Sister & my Mum, then my Dad met us in town later in the afternoon and we all went to watch a movie then we went out for dinner afterwards. 
At the Cinema we watched '12 Years a Slave' which is such an incredible film. It is very emotional but so humbling and eyeopening at the same time; I would definitely recommend it but make sure to take loads of tissues!
My best buy from our shopping trip was this red coat I am wearing in this post. I couldn't wait to share it with you all because it is just so beautiful! Literally about 30 minutes before seeing it in Zara I had just said to my Sister that I was looking for a nice longish, structured, bold coat so you can imagine my excitement when I saw it! It was one of those love at first sight moments and when I saw it was the only one left AND it was in my size I was over the moon. It was meant to be. 
Because the colour is so bold, I think it's important to not overdo the rest of the outfit and to keep everything else quite simple. This is why I just went for a plain white tee and some black jeans. 
I kind of feel like a black version of 'Red Coat' when I wear it (if you watch Pretty Little Liars then you should know what I'm on about!). 

Over this weekend, my sister and I took quite a few outfit photos so even when I go back to Uni I will still have things to post so keep an eye out for those! 

I hope everyone is doing well & if any of you have been affected by the floods then I send my prays and best wishes to you and your families!


Kudzai
XOXO

21 comments:

  1. Coat color are amazing. And you are so beautiful woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful coat! Love that look!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coat is gorgeous on you xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look! So minimal and chic and I'm a sucker for monochrome. Lovely coat! Love love love!
    www.tashpantz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coat Kudzai, the colour looks incredible on you :)

    IN MY SUNDAY BEST BLOG

    Sade xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful smile Kudzai and that coat is stunning. Gorgeous colour and style.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super chic outfit! Love it!

    Sam x
    www.lilmissbuttercup.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That coat is gorgeous!! It looks so good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour of your coat! Also, the name of your blog is great! x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that coat, its a nice pop of colour!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing coat, I adore this colour! :) And you look lovely in this :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love visits home to see the family <3
    I always wish I lived closer to them
    your coat is gorgeous
    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the red & the shoes!
    Nice blog! Check mine out :)
    & if you decide to follow, leave a comment & I'll follow back

    SNJ

    www.thecrocusflowers.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely outfit you've put together!! Red coat is amazeeeeee

    abi || abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with this whole outfit, you look amazing! That coat is gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete